Guys! Christmas is just 4 days away! I’m flying back home tomorrow, have not started packing ( -> writing this post turned out to be my priority) and still haven’t bought any Christmas gifts… (oops 🙈) but hey, my vacation just started and I couldn’t be happier to relax and plan plenty of recipes to share with you in the new year 😊
For some reason I had a craving for meringues last week and also desperately wanted Hershey’s sea salt caramel chips (they are so damn good! Run to the store and get some!) And so tada! Sea salt caramel meringues were born! 💛
I had never made meringues before so this was a first. Taste wise, they turned out great! Crispy on the outside and a bit chewy on the inside. Shape wise, I have work to do… (I’m lacking skills when it comes to piping and that’s probably why you wont see cupcakes on here for a while 😂)
Maybe those meringues will make an appearance at our Christmas family dinner!
Today I also want to introduce my new little photography helper: Sadie! New addition to the family and she’s the cutest and most adorable puppy ever 😍
If I don’t come back on here till 2018, enjoy the holidays and happy new year!
If you make the recipe, leave a comment below or share a picture on instagram with the tag @mapleetchocolat and/or #mapleetchocolat 🙂
A little twist on the classic meringue with the addition of delicious sea salt caramel chips!
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped Hershey's sea salt caramel chips
- Preheat your oven to 225F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl with the salt until it forms soft peaks
- Add the granulated sugar one tbsp at a time and make sure it dissolves
- When the egg whites are forming stiff peaks and look glossy, fold in the icing sugar and the chopped sea salt caramel chips
- Using a pastry bag, pipe the meringue in whatever shape you want!
- Bake for 1 hour (or more depending on the size of your meringues, just make sure they are dry)
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven to cool
- Store them in an airtight container
- Enjoy! 🙂